Preferring not to work out at the gym could have many reasons. You could be lazy, could have any medical condition, or you might not like the atmosphere of gyms. But not working out at all shall not be the option, as you can do a number of workouts in the comfort of your home. In this piece of writing, we are going to share the top 10 best home workouts that you can do to get fit, without going to the gym. Let’s get fit.
10 Best home workout routine
If you are just beginning to work out at home, it might feel daunting at first, but don’t worry. All the exercises we are going to mention here are easy to follow and once you pick up the pace you’ll soon reach an advanced level.
Before jumping into the world of exercise, here is an important tip that you shouldn’t ignore at any cost. You always need to warm up your body right before initiating the ritual of workout routine. Start by stretching your muscles a bit so they get relaxed to perform certain workouts. You can also perform light-intensity cardio like running or jogging or a little walk that could jog up your muscles. Once you are done with it, it’s time to start your workout routine.
We are mentioning some beginner-friendly exercises which are more than enough to get you on track for fitness. You can either try all of them one by one or could choose 3-4 exercises that can help you get to your fitness goal asap.
When it comes to push-ups, there is no better exercise than to tone the upper body muscles. Not only it helps in building those dreamy chest muscles but also shapes your triceps and biceps. Try this workout by:
- Laying down on the floor while facing it. The trick is not to touch your body on the floor but hold yourself there with your hands and feet only.
- Now by putting all that pressure on your hands, try lowering down your body towards the floor and stop just before you feel like your chest is going to touch the floor.
- Get back up, but before that, do hold yourself in the previous position for a few seconds to maximize the effect of the exercise.
2: Jump Rope
Want to enjoy the benefits of both full-body workouts and cardio workouts? You’ll be amazed to know that jumping a rope can help you get that. It is super easy to perform and really turns the table around when it comes to your fitness. About its steps? We are sure you already know that.
Let us help you work your core muscles. You can get it done by adding planks to your workout routine.
- Lie down on the ground while facing it and holding your body on your forearms and toes.
- Stay in this position while keeping your body straight and the muscles of your abs and glutes tightened.
- You can either perform the sets of this exercise on daily basis or can do it on alternative days.
4: Stationary Lunge
Tell me one person who doesn’t like toned and slim legs? Stationary lunges performed at home can surely let you have such legs. This exercise lets you target your hamstrings, quads, and glutes. Directions to perform this workout are:
- Stand straight and bring one leg forward while moving another leg in the backward direction. The foot in the forward direction should be flat, while the other foot should be placed on its toes on the ground.
- Now, bend both legs at a time and perform lunges. You should stop when your forward leg starts getting parallel to the ground.
- Now get back to the take-off position and perform the desirable amount of repeats.
5: Chair Squat
You got a chair in your home, right? Great. Because you are going to use it to increase the flexibility of your leg muscles by performing chair squats. To do so:
- Place a chair and stand in front of it in a way that your hands are away from your body in the forward direction.
- Now start bending your body as if you are going to sit on a chair while keeping your back straight, and once your bottom starts touching the chair; get back up and repeat these steps.
6: Wall Sits
We all got walls in our homes but they are not only to keep our house in shape but can help our body stay in shape as well; working out the hamstrings, glutes, and quads. How? By performing wall sits.
- Just sit against a wall as if you are sitting on a chair and consider the wall as the back of the chair.
- Press your back to the wall while keeping it straight and sit while keeping your knees out and feet flat on the ground.
- Sit like this for 30 seconds. Before doing another repeat, don’t forget to take rest for 30 seconds.
7: Mountain Climbers
Got something for arms, legs, and other muscles but what about whole body muscles? Well, mountain climbers can help you target complete body muscles in a single workout. How to do it? Let’s see.
- You first need to get into the plank position on the floor.
- While keeping your body straight, bring one knee in like towards your head and pull the other leg out. Do this alternatively for both legs.
- Just like you increase your speed during hiking a mountain, do that here too. Slowly increase your pace while moving both legs and try to perform as many sets as you can.
8: Bicycle Crunch
This exercise perfectly mimics the pattern as well as the benefits of cycling. You don’t need a bicycle to do it, rather your legs alone are enough to target your abdominal muscles. The bicycle crunch is known to tone the thigh and quad muscles. To perform this workout:
- Lie down with your back straight on the ground in a way that your hands go back behind your head and your knees are placed at a 90-degree angle.
- Slowly moving your legs away from your body one by one, mimic the cycling pattern with your legs. Move both legs alternatively just like you do it during cycling.
- This exercise could be performed in 2 sets while performing 15-20 repeats.
Better muscle endurance, more muscular strength, and improved agility of the body are some of the perks that Burpees offer. To do this exercise:
- Place yourself in the squat position but keep your hands on the floor as well.
- Now take a sudden jump and switch your squat position to a plank position.
- Once you get your body in the plank position, perform one pushup and then jump back to the squat position.
- Keep switching positions between these two workouts and repeat it at least 5-10 times.
Let’s make use of those stairs in your home as well. And if you don’t have any stairs, you can simply use some stable boxes to get this workout done. It will help you improve your stability while bringing more strength to your muscles.
- Stand on a step of the stair or the box.
- And jump to the next step.
- Now jump back to the initial step and keep repeating the above steps for a considerable time.
Working out at home could be beneficial as well to get fit by performing push-ups, planks, squats, burpees, jump rope, or other exercises. You can either make a perfect blend of all these exercises or can simply pick your favorite workout from the list and start doing it at home, on the daily basis. Just remember, if you won’t be consistent with any workout, you’ll never see results.
I look up to fitness as a lifestyle and love to pen down about it. I have 2 years of experience in content writing and I am here to share my research and knowledge on health and fitness.